Just Raindrop Things • 03.27.18 Meet Lindsey
Beautiful people making beautiful work. Raindrop is full of talented and creative characters. Just Raindrop Things is a new blog series where we feature our Raindroppers.
Get to know your designer, Lindsey!
What is your favorite brand and why?
I’m obsessed with Madewell. They have such a great look and are also making steps towards being sustainable through recycled denim, which I love! Their branding is on point, their brand language is genius, and they sell quality clothing that’s classic in design. If I had to choose one brand that sums me up as a designer and as a person, this would be it.
It seems like you are always on the move! What’s your favorite weekend getaway trip?
There’s so many to choose from! I would have to say Orange County. My boyfriend’s family lives there and since I’m so far from my family in Utah, it’s a really nice place to go home to. PLUS, they feed me, so that’s a giant plus!
Word around the office is you’re a huge Crock-Pot advocate. What’s a good recipe you recommend everyone tries?
I love my Crock-Pot!! I’m super busy, so cooking with a Crock-Pot is my go-to and makes my life so much easier. One of my favorite and easiest recipes is for a Slow Cooker Green Chili Chicken Soup. It’s healthy, cheap, and all of the ingredients can be found at Trader Joes!
- 1 ½ lb. boneless skinless chicken
- 2 cans Great Northern beans
- 1 can yellow corn
- 1 4-5 oz. can chopped green chillies
- 2 14 oz. cans low sodium chicken broth
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- Optional: ½ cup sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- Optional toppings: avocado, cheese, greek yogurt, cilantro or green onions
- Place the raw chicken in crockpot
- Top with beans, chilies, corn and the taco seasoning
- Add in the chicken broth
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours
- When finished, break up all the chicken with two forks
- Optional: Stir in a ½ cup of sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- Top with avocado, thinly sliced green onions or cilantro, greek yogurt and a sprinkle of cheese. Enjoy!
What band would you be secretly embarrassed to admit you listen to?
Well it’s not really a band, but when I’m stumped for new music and all my music starts to get old, I’ll throw on some Disney movie soundtracks. Listening to them takes me back and you bet I know every word to every song. Oh yes, and Christmas music. It’s never too early to start listening to Bing Crosby.
What is the most recent show you binge watched on Netflix?
Queer Eye...YASSS QUEEN, YASSS!